The Geek Boat is a private group on board a large cruise ship with other passengers. We are producing a convention style celebration with lots of entertainment and activities for our private group. These are exclusive activities that only Geek Boat passengers will have access. We have expenses for all the entertainment, technical services and private events. Because of the exclusiveness, you must reserve your cabin through our website only!
Life HAPPENS! We all live in world that changes every minute. While we may plan to do something today, tomorrow may change those plans. The Geek Boat is 100% fully refundable* until the final payment deadline, which is generally 3 months prior to sailing or as disclosed in our billing contract.
*100% fully refundable except for a $100 per person Admin Fee.
The price of your cruise includes all the below standard Carnival items plus our GROUP ACTIVITIES:
• A well deserved vacation!
• Your stateroom, featuring the Carnival Comfort Bed Collection and nightly turn down service..additional stateroom features include a television, in-stateroom safe, individual climate control, full bathroom and ample storage space.
• Spectacular production shows and entertainment, including hysterical comedians
• Numerous lounges featuring live music and entertainment
• Fitness center
• Pools, whirlpools and waterslides
• Year round youth programs for kids 2-17 years of age
• A variety of dining options for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night in the Main Dining Room and/or Lido Restaurant.
• A variety of dining options for breakfast, lunch and snacking at specialty food spots (featured on select ships), such as but not limited to: Guy’s Burger Joint, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, BlueIguana Cantina, Mongolian Wok and Ol’ Fashioned BBQ.
• 24-hour Pizzeria
• 24-hour soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt
• Room Service from 6:00am-10:00pm (excluding for fee items)
• The following beverages served in the Main Dining Room and 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant: non-bottled water, lemonade, iced tea, hot chocolate and non-specialty coffee and tea.
• Dining in specialty restaurants and snacking at cafes and lounges (featured on select ships), such as but not limited to: The Steakhouse, Bonsai Sushi, Bonsai Teppanyaki, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Seafood Shack, Cucina del Capitano, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse|Brewhouse, The Chef’s Table, Shake Spot, Javablue Cafe, Promenade Cafe, Lido Coffee Bar, Ocean Plaza Cafe, Havana Bar on the Carnival Sunshine, RedFrog Pub and other lounges that may serve light bites.
• ‘Steakhouse Selections’ served in the Main Dining Room
• Room Service from 10:00pm to 6:00am and for fee items on daytime menu
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic bar beverages (excluding beverages served in the Main Dining Room and Lido Restaurant such as non-bottled water, lemonade, iced tea, select juices, hot chocolate and non-specialty coffee and tea)
• Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast
• Gift Shop purchases
• Purchases at Cherry on Top and Special Occasions (featured on select ships)
• Thrill Theater and IMAX Theatre (featured on select ships)
• Spa treatments, Salon services and select fitness classes
• Gambling in the casino and Bingo
• Video Arcade games
• Art Auction Program (featured on select ships)
• Carnival Adventurs Shore Excursions
• Internet access and ‘chat’ option on the HUB app
• Use of your smartphone
• Ship-to-Shore telephone calls
• Medical services
• Laundry services (valet or self-service)
• Service gratuities and tips
No, a passport is not required for this cruise, A state issue ID and an original birth certificate is all that is required. HOWEVER, it is highly recommended in the event of an emergency departure, sickness, or missed boarding to have a passport.
Above we answered the question what is not included. However, let’s go deeper.
– Gratuities in general and Extra tips for outstanding service. Gratuities are added automatically to your Sail and Sign account.
– Gambling is bot included.
– Alcohol is not included.
– Soda is not included
– trinkets, merchandise, keepsakes, gift shop items are not included
– Group specific merchandise is not included.
Hurricane season is officially from June 1st to November 30th, and during those times hurricanes will sometimes change the itineraries for cruise ships in the Caribbean and the Bahamas. So what happens if there is a hurricane or tropical storm during the same dates as your cruise?
First you need to know that Carnival Cruise Lines will do everything in their power to make sure the “cruise goes on”. Only in rare cases will the cruise actually be cancelled by the cruise line. These ships can travel at speeds over 21 knots so they can usually outrun any hurricanes or tropical depressions and just go around any inclement weather.
You may face some choppy seas
The seas can be rough for anyone who gets sea sick easily, so make sure you carry some Dramamine with you. The bigger ships will not rock as much, but when you are really close to a big storm you will feel movement. This should not last long though, as the captain will try to get as far away from the storm as quickly as possible.
The seas will not always be rough when you are sailing around a hurricane, however, and it’s definitely not as bad as maybe you have seen in the movies.
If the weather gets too rough the shows will be cancelled, though, and the pools will be emptied. It’s definitely an adventure cruising in choppy seas, but if you can just hold on you might even get an extra couple days out of your trip.
Your itinerary could change
If the hurricane is going to hit one of the ports you were going to be visiting, there may be a change in plans. It is best just to have a good attitude about the situation since you really can’t do anything about it anyway. You might visit a different port or even stay at a port for an extra day while the weather clears.
We are working on a Pre-cruise hotel in the vicinity of the Cruise Terminal. We are also working on parking for those driving in the day before and shuttle from the hotel to the Cruise Terminal. These details will be announced in 2021 at least 90 days prior to Embarkation.
Yes and No. Yes the Ship will leave you in a foreign port if you arrive late from a shore excursion that was NOT booked through Carnival.
If you book your excursion though Carnival they WILL WAIT on you!
The organizers of The Geek Boat have done Shore Excursions both ways. We will not comment on the risk of doing this, except to say, learn about the excursion provider, research the schedule and keep an eye on the time.
No. Carnival does not give discounts on Shore Excursions. However, as we approach the cruise date, we may plan a group excursion if the desire is there.
No. Our Group will have an Exclusive Private area designated for our use for most of our shows and gatherings. We will also have a few gatherings for Pub Crawls in public areas. We will be immersed in the general ship population for prime time activities.
Clothing is Required in public areas ALL THE TIME!! Cosplay is optional. We will be setting a group theme for each day of the cruise, it is your choice if you dress the theme.
On all cruises 3 days or more Carnival has a designated Elegant night. While some choose to dress down, many do dress up. Remember, the dress code on board ship is somewhat flexible. People view formal in different ways. As a Group Our Formal Night will be very interesting.
Carnival Cruise lines uses a cashless system onboard. Sail and Sign is your charge account attached to your room key. Essentially it is your debit card.
A credit Card or Cash deposit is placed on file at time of registration before boarding and that is used to secure your Sail and Sign.
You can set a budget and check transactions as often as you wish by accessing kiosks while on board.